Bluegill Lake Family Camping Resort
"Bluegill Lake, Catch the Fun"
Bluegill Lake Family Camping Resort
15854 Pretty Lake Drive, Mecosta, MI 49332
GPS Coordinates: Longitude -85.228844, Latitude 43.696331
Transporting firewood into the campground is prohibited!
We hope that you enjoy yourself at Bluegill Lake Family Camping Resort.
Our mission is to provide wholesome family fun in a safe, clean, quiet environment.
If at any time you're not comfortable with leaving us a 5-star review, please share your concerns with us.
Policies have been implemented for the safety and consideration of everyone in the campground.
Just because an a policy isn't defined, it doesn't make it acceptable.
- For your own safety, the lake is open during daylight hours only (beach, boats, docks, fishing, swimming, etc...).
- Swim at your own risk, no life guard is provided. Children under the age of 13 must be supervised by a responsible adult.
- For safety sake, life preservers are recommended while on the lake, no swimming past the inflatable's or across the lake, only Coast Guard approved vessels past the swimming area/no boats in the swimming area.
- The water inflatables have a weight capacity of 800 pounds at any time. Abusive behaviors (flipping equipment, pushing others off, jumping into shallow water, letting air out of the units, etc...) will not be tolerated and the guest will removed from all lake privileges for the remainder of their stay.
- Canoes and Kayaks may be portaged into the lake ($10/day/vessel) Coast Guard approved life preservers must be available at all times and are subject to inspection. Boats must be used responsibly.
- Dogs are not permitted on the beach when swimmers are present. Please use the dog beach located across the lake.
- Glass containers are not permitted on the beach.
- In order to maintain a family atmosphere, quiet time is enforced between 10:30pm and 9:00am, with children being on their site by 9:30pm.
- Large noisy gatherings are not permitted at any time.
- Please refrain from using vulgar language.
- All of your items must fit on your site including Music and TV (not everyone enjoys it while camping).
- Generators are not permitted.
- Outside firewood is prohibited from being transported into the park, (includes construction lumber). Hardwood is available for purchase at the camp store during regular store hours, deliveries stop at 8:00pm.
- Trimming/cutting trees is prohibited. Please contact the staff for limbs needing attention.
- Gathering fallen branches & kindling is prohibited without permission.
- Only 1 fire ring per site/party. No stacking of fire rings.
- Bluegill Lake is a "Catch & Release" fishing lake. - Live frogs are not considered bait.
- Due to a few disrespectful guests, we conduct cooler/tackle box checks. Violators will be escorted out without a refund.
- Fishing is not permitted on the beach or anywhere near the water inflatable's.
- For safety reasons, no wading around the perimeter of the lake.
- We encourage the use of Barbless hooks. Instructions for making a Barbless hook are available in the office.
- Fishing is for registered guests only! Visitors are not considered registered guests.
- Each campsite is limited to 6 people and 2 camping units (1 camper & 1 tent) per site, any more requires another site.
- Each site is limited to 2 motorized vehicles.
- All of your possessions must fit on your site, this includes music and TV.
- Parking is limited to your own site. If there is not enough room, the overflow may be parked in visitor parking.
- As a consideration for our guests, motorcycles are to be parked in the visitor parking area only.
- For the benefit of all guests, No loud/over protective/aggressive dogs.
- When outdoors, dogs must be leashed and under control at all times and should not be left unattended at the site.
- It is the guest's responsibility to pick up after their pet and discarded properly, in a plastic bag.
- State law requires all animals must have a current license and should be available, if requested.
- All pets must be registered and tagged at the office upon check-in.
- All buildings are pet free zones, including: Office/store, bathhouse and the activity center.
- Personal electric golf carts are welcome (see rates page).
- All vehicles must have insurance and should be available if requested by management.
- In any vehicle, all passengers must ride in DOT approved seats (no riding in the back or on the tailgate of trucks).
- Vehicles driven at night must have functioning DOT approved headlights, taillights and brake lights.
- Due to insurance regulations, motorized vehicles must be operated by licensed drivers within the park.
- The posted speed limit is 5 mph, existing road rules apply. All vehicles must stay on approved roads and trails.
- We understand that vehicle problems arise, vehicle maintenance is not allowed on your site. If you have issues, please contact the office, we will try to accommodate.
- Bicycle usage is encouraged. They should be ridden in a safe manner staying on the roads/trails (all road rules apply). Bicycles should never be left lying in the roads or pathways. Safety equipment is recommended (you supply).
- If riding bicycles after dusk, they must have headlights.
Visitors (persons visiting registered guests)
- All visitors (age 6 up) will be charged a day use fee of $5.00/day, advanced notice is required.
- Visiting hours are 11am to 9pm, anyone staying after, will be charged as an overnight guest (see rates page).
- All visitors must register at the office and park their vehicle in the visitor parking area (located by the store) before proceeding to your site. Anyone not abiding by this rule will be considered trespassing and asked to leave.
- There is a maximum of 4 visitors per day per site, with advanced notice required. Inquire for exceptions.
- For safety reasons, please inform any visitors that their pets should remain at their home.
- Alcohol is permitted at our campsite. There is to be no conspicuous consumption (coozies or cups are recommended at all times). Excessive use will not be tolerated.
- Underage drinking or drug use will not be tolerated and offenders will be banned from the park. We reserve the right to remove you from your campsite.
- Disposing of cigarette/cigars appropriately is appreciated.All buildings are smoke free zones.
- We provide a dumpster for trash generated at the campground.
- Please refrain from burning trash in the fire pits.
- To maintain park appearances, trash/debris should not be scattered about the site. Your trash is your business!
- Weapons (firearms, sling shots, blow darts, bow & arrows...) or fireworks (sparklers, roman candles.....) are not allowed.
- Metal detectors are not permitted on Bluegill Lake property.
- Store food, garbage and any scented items properly as they attract wildlife.
- Unless otherwise posted, the recreation building closes at 8:00pm.
- Store hours are 9:00am to 8:00pm daily, unless posted otherwise.
- In order to maintain pleasant visual continuity throughout the campground, the following are unacceptable: External refrigerators, trash and toys stacked up or laying around.
- Clotheslines should be located out of visual site of the road.
- Management has the right to refuse admittance or service to anyone.
- This property, being privately owned, the guest accepts camping privileges with the understanding that he/she does hereby release Bluegill Lake Family Camping Resort, its officers and employees, against claims resulting from loss or damage to property or injury to the person of any member of the party arising out of the use of its camping facilities.
Cabin Pet Policies
- All cabins are cleaned and inspected between guests.
- There is a $3.00 charge per pet per night.
- A $50.00 security deposit is required (w/Credit Card). Any portion of this deposit may be forfeited for violations of this policy and damages in excess of the deposit will be charged to your credit card at replacement cost.
- While we love our pets and are a pet friendly campground, we currently have one cabin allocated for people with pets. A maximum of two (2) pets are permitted in the cabin per stay.
- Pets cannot be left tied up or chained in the cabin yard or porch.
- All campground pet policies apply as stated above.
- Due to the nature of the mattress cover, scratches cannot be tolerated, pets are not allowed on uncovered mattresses.
- Pet food should not be kept outside as this does attract unwanted wildlife.
- All pet owners must sign a pet liability form upon check-in.
- Bluegill Lake Family Camping Resort staff reserves the right to terminate a stay without refund of any guest whose pet(s) are considered a nuisance.